Below you can find links to selected video solutions for past Cambridge STEP Maths questions. You can also find grade boundaries and past papers for all STEP 1 2 and 3 papers from 2000 onward on this page.
Click the buttons below to download fully typed up solutions to all of the STEP papers from 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020. These have kindly been prepared by a friend who has helped with marking these papers, not by me. They have decided to stay anonymous, but many thanks for the effort in producing these!
Other useful STEP resources:
- The official Cambridge website and the official admissions testing website.
- The free pdf of the book `Advanced problems in Mathematics’ by Stephen Silkos available here is an really an exceptional introduction with so many practice problems, each with hints and discussions about strategy presented before the solutions.
- These foundation modules are also great preparation in a similar way.
- The STEP Database website allows you to search for individual STEP questions all the way back to 1987 by topic.
- This website also has free fully worked handwritten solutions to most STEP papers from 1996 to fairly recent papers.
Note – STEP has changed slightly for examinations from 2019 onwards, and STEP I no longer exists, but the style of the questions are unchanged and so most past paper questions remain excellent preparation for the new exams and STEP I questions are still a great starting point for preparation.